Commerce and Finance field is growing as one of the emerging areas for shaping one’s career in. If you also are inclined towards the field and wondering about the various related areas, you could make your career in – then here are the top 5 jobs that a commerce student can explore and choose as his/ her career choice –
- Chartered Accountant (CA) – This makes one of the most celebrated and well-known job profiles for students aspiring to flourish in the Commerce domain. The job is demanded highly in Banking Sector, Financial Organizations, Corporate, Government Sector and Private Sector Jobs to name a few. A CA can be indulged in various accountancy related activities such as implementing accounting systems, preparing financial reports, performing audits, and ensuring legitimate taxation related processes. Anyone with 60 percent passing marks in 10 +12th is eligible for the CA examination.
- Company Secretary (CS) – Company Secretary job is one of the popular career choices amongst commerce students. The course and practical training open-up many job opportunities in corporate field. A qualified CS will be responsible for handling various aspects related to Law, Statutory and Compliance of a company or organization. Students willing to establish their future in the field should be 12th pass out to appear for the foundation level of the course and gradually take the higher levels.
- Investment Banker (IB) – The profile again fetches high demand in the market given its nature of job. An Investment Banker is responsible for raising a company’s money, financial assets for expansion. Investment Bankers are essentially financial advisor to a corporation guiding it through the investments. Anyone with a graduation degree in any stream can apply for the entry- level Investment Banker course – however candidates from Commerce background are considerable owing to their sound knowledge of investments, equity and share market.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) – On the list of popular job choices amongst Commerce students; this is again one of the highly recognized and reputed job profiles. The profile is hugely in demand for opening-up doors for aspirants, to be able to work with the best and biggest financial corporations across the world. For getting into the entry level of CFA, learners must complete or be in the 3rd year of undergraduate study in the fields of business, finance, or economics.
- Cost Accountant – Becoming a Cost Accountant has always been most preferable option for students of Commerce field. Learners choosing this job can gradually advance in their careers based on their experience and expertise. Starting from the base being a Cost Accountant to advancing to becoming a Chief Financial Officer, Financial Analyst, Finance Manager and Finance Risk Manager to name a few. Cost Accountants are in great demand in government, public, private, banking & finance sector, research & training and education sector for instance. Cost Accountants are responsible for tracking and analyzing the cost of a product, projects, and overall investments of an organization. 10 +2 pass outs are eligible to apply for the foundation course.
The domain has certainly witnessed exponential growth and serves as a great career option for people inclined and interested into Finance, Management and Accounting. Different organizations have different roles and responsibilities stipulated for the job- profile discussed above, based on the organization’s need. The above-mentioned courses and certifications are higher and tougher in nature to crack – it is invariably advisable and required to strengthen your foundation in the domain and have sound comprehension of the Advance concepts first before diving deeper. Tally Education Certifications play a crucial role in shaping one’s career into the field of Commerce and Accounting. The industry- preferred certifications and courses make a learner journey easier and stronger. Check out our various courses and certifications to get a strong professional start to your career.